- First of all you should check that "Tempo" is highlighted in the Transport bar as shown below in Step 1. The Tempo initially is set to 120 BPM.
- After that go to Project menu and select "Tempo Track" ( Ctrl + T ) to open the Tempo track window as shown below in Step 2.
- Then in the Tempo Track window select the Draw tool as shown below in step 3.
- You should not forget to select the Snap (otherwise you will be wasting time in placing the exact position of your tempo change) so that the Draw tool plots exactly on the bar and not here and there as shown below in step 4.
- Now insert the tempo using the draw tool and set the required BPM. Here it is set to 140 as shown below in step 5.
- If you cannot draw / plot at the correct value using mouse you need not worry, since you can always change the value by highlighting the plot and inputting the number in the box to rectify as shown below in step 6.